Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pantry Reveal

One of the best things we changed during this renovation was removing a small half bathroom and coat closet by the foyer and kitchen and converting it to a pantry. There is another bathroom around the corner from the foyer, so the powder room was not necessary -- a pantry was.

This is what we started with:


Beginning the demo:


Framed up. You can see to the far right where we removed the coat closet to make the foyer larger:


And now our already hard-working pantry:


I added mirrored doors for two reasons: 1) Privacy. I don't want a clear view into the pantry all the time. 2) Reflection of light. Directly across from these doors are our patio french doors, so it was the perfect opportunity to double the light in the room.






 I am realistic enough to realize that the pantry will probably never look this good again, but I guess I'll enjoy it while I can... ;)



1 comment:

  1. Ah!!!! I just discovered this blog. You guys!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! :) So, so, so pretty! I just spent an hour looking through all these posts and am so impressed! And comforted that it's taken you a year, as we are in the middle of a redo that feels like it will never end! So pretty!!! I'm happy I got to see it right as you moved in, the changes are totally amazing!!! Let's plan a date night soon to catch up, and leave the messes behind! And I want to come see all the changes in person. Bravo!!!!

    ReplyDelete