Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Dining Room 99% Done

FINALLY, we can almost say we have a room done. Almost one year exactly from when we first began construction on this house. If someone had told me it would take an entire year...I'm not sure I would have signed up for this. BUT, being on THIS side of it now, I guess it has been worth it. ;)

Our dining room is finished except I'm waiting on a piece of art from my uncle (a watercolor artist) to finish it off.

We are loving the fact that we have a place to eat upstairs again. There are a lot of things I took for granted, and that is one of them. No more. At least not for a while. Cooking upstairs and then packing all the food, dishes, glasses, etc. downstairs each meal got old really quickly. And the clean-up? Even worse. So, now that the dining room is right next to the kitchen, it is heaven.





We finally have had cool enough weather that Luke was willing to go up in the attic to install a junction box for the chandelier. I LOVE the chandelier. Thanks, Mom.
My sister helped me install the wallpaper a few weeks ago and I'm so pleased with it. The color is great, but what I love most about it is the texture. Anyone who comes over has to touch it because it is so interesting. It added the layer of coziness I was after.

The table finally went on sale for 20% off and I had an extra 10% coupon, so we pulled the trigger. No regrets. It is definitely the heaviest table I have ever lifted -- we even had to call a neighbor to help us get it in the house -- so it is not budging. And maybe will stay with the house if we ever move. ;)

The chairs were a Craigslist find a couple of years ago that I sprayed white and reupholstered in a gray "pleather" because let's face it, fabric wouldn't last a week with a 5 year old and 2 year old. So far they have held up great.





No comments:

Post a Comment